Put WordPress on Mobile Devices with Semiomantics
The mobile web is growing at a breath-taking pace. Mobile devices become more popular and are the ideal tool to consult the internet on the move. Website developers can no longer ignore the mobile market and while the big boys have added a mobile version to their websites small business is limping behind.
WordPress users can profit from free plugins to get a quick converter on board which all prove not to be satisfactory in one or the other way.
The Ideal Solution
There is no off the shelf ideal solution, however we have a wish-list which we have converted into a new project we develop at Semiomantics, called Semiomantics Mobile Developments.
Here are our main criteria for top notch mobile site building:
- Before all, the high performance and optimization of Semiomantics Website Developments must be preserved and extended to mobile versions
- Cross Platform Compatibility
- Maximum of branding
- Maximum of styling to visually integrate with the desktop version of the site
- Multi-Language support
- Ads integration
- Template based
- Custom Icons
- Custom Startup
- WP 3 compatible (Menus)
- Child Theme for best Customization
- Web Application Mode
- iPhone and iPod 4 Retina Display Support
- iPad support
- Kindle Support
- Threaded conversation
- Social Network Integration
- iOS and Webkit features
- iPhone,iPad,Android,Blackberry, Palm OS, Samsung Touch, Kindle support
Of course all the above must fit in perfectly with Semiomantics XO!
Semiomantics XO goes Mobile
While namely some simple display features can be built in to any WordPress CMS easily, we go the extra mile for extra performance and customization. For the time being, Semiomantics Mobile will be made available as an addon module to XO or any Semiomantics powered website.
For Semiomantics Developers the workflow will be as follows:
- Get a license for every site to which you add the module
- Script integration (provided by Semiomantics)
- Display customization and optimization as per main site
- Design integration and customization respecting the criteria for mobile web development
In fact, the modules allows for complete customization and design of the mobile site theme. Depending on customers’ needs this can boil down to the same design work as a new website, except that existing basic choices and branding can be used which will cut cost.
Release of Semiomantics Mobile
Semiomantics Mobile for WordPress will be released officially end of February.
The first modules delivered will benefit Ycademy Seminar Participants (February 26-27, 2011) where we will spend a whole day on ‘mobilizing’ the personal name blogs.
Pricing of Semiomantics Mobile
Not yet available, however Semiomantics will charge for the integration and license, developers will then need to price their work in function of customers requirements.