Create a Favicon with Photoshop
While you are working on your image or brand, you may want to create your custom favicon which will display in your visitors browser tabs as a small image.
Here is how to create your favicon.
Create your Favicon
Before you start, you need to add a plug-in to your Photoshop to allow saving your image in .ico format.
1. Download the plug-in from here.
2. Unzip and extract the files.
3. Load the file
ICOFormat.8bi into your Photoshop plug-ins folder. (This is typically in drive C under Programm Files – Adobe – Photoshop CS4 – Plug-ins)
4. Fire up your Photoshop and create a new image with size 64×64 pixels (the icon will be saved as 16×16 pixels but it’s easier to create on a bigger format).
When resizing the image from 64 pixels to 16 pixels, resample the image with ‘Bicubic Sharper’.
5. ‘Save as’ and select the .ico format.
6. Place the image as ‘favicon.ico’ into the root folder of your domain and add the link to the header script of your site.
Join our call tonight at YorgoTalk for further tips.